Document Type : Research Article
The paper presents a bibliometric study of the Journal of Chemical Sciences for the
period of 10 years (1987-1996) in which articles were published. The study focuses
on necessary bibliometric analysis forms, authorship pattern analysis, year wise
distribution of articles, issue wise distribution of articles, subject wise distribution
analysis.The study revealed that that the maximum number of articles were
published in the year 1993 (127) and minimum in the year 1994 (21) articles. The
authorship pattern of the articles published during the period of study was
contributed maximum by two authors 265 (27.20%), followed by three authors with
253 (25.98%) articles, five and more authors contributed 184 (18.89 %) articles,
four authors with 177 (18.18%) and single author with 9.75% of the total articles.
Out of 717 articles in the Journal of Chemical Sciences joint authors contributed
599 (83.54%) articles while the rest 118 (16.46%) articles were contributed by single
author. Most of the works were done on physical and theoretical chemistry with 291
articles followed by inorganic and analytical chemistry with 208 articles.