Keywords : Denture cleanser
“EFFICACY OF OZONATED OIL AND SODIUM PERBORATE AGAINST CANDIDA ALBICANS AS DENTURE CLEANSERS AND ITS EFFECT ON COLOR STABILITY IN PMMA RESINS”- A PILOT STUDY
European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine,
2021, Volume 8, Issue 4, Pages 2105-2118
There are many commercially available denture cleansers in the market, but yet there is a need to find natural denture cleanser. One such example is stated in this article.
AIM OF THE STUDY:
Evaluation of efficacy of ozonated oil and sodium perborate against candida Albicans as denture cleansers and its effect on color stability in PMMA resins.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
1. To evaluate the efficacy of ozonated olive oil, as a denture cleanser against Candida Albicans.
2. To evaluate the efficacy of sodium perborate as a denture cleanser against Candida Albicans.
3. To evaluate the color stability of denture base after rinsing with ozonated olive oil.
4. To evaluate the color stability of denture base after rinsing with sodium perborate.
5. To compare the efficacy of ozonated oil (immersion) and sodium perborate against Candida Albicans.
6. To compare the color stability of denture base after rinsing in ozonated olive oil and sodium perborate.
Results: ozonated olive oil showed superior properties in both anticandidal efficacy and color stability as a denture cleanser on PMMA resins